2.12.2013

Tasty Tuesday: Oven Baked Pancakes


 I like love simple Sunday dinners so when I found this I was most excited:  Oven Baked Pancakes.  Toss in a bowl, mix, pour, bake.  No slaving over a griddle/pan.  Yes, please, sign me up!!!
This morning while I was re-creating this recipe I meant to time myself to see how long it would take.  Well, I forgot to do that but I can assure you it isn't long!

Cast of Characters:

Add to bowl



Add dry ingredients-give a little stir
Mix in wet ingredients-stir 
Add fun mix-ins:  chocolate chips, fruit, cinnamon, etc
Pour in baking dish (9x13 or larger for less "thick" pancakes




Cut and serve

Ingredients:
2 1/2 c whole wheat flour (I use freshly ground hard white wheat)
2 T sucanat (white sugar would be fine)
2 t baking powder
1 t sea salt
1/2 c water + 4 T ground flax seeds (or 4 egg whites)
1/4 melted coconut oil (or 1/4 oil)
2 c liquid (I used 1 c coconut milk & 1 c water-just bring frugal here add 2 c milk if you like)
1/2 t pure vanilla extract
Optional Fun Add Ins: chocolate chips, banana slices (any fruit), cinnamon or nutmeg to taste 

Instructions

1. Mix dry ingredients then add your wet ingredients.

2. Pour the batter into a lightly coconut oiled/buttered dish (9 x 13 inches). 

3. Bake at 450° F for 12 minutes until  golden brown. 

4. Cut each whole wheat pancake into servings.  Or get cutesy and use a cookie cutter to create fun shapes!

5. Serve with fresh fruit and pure maple syrup, a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, applebutter/pumpkin butter/applesauce... 

Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! so simple and yummy!!!

NauNa

Anonymous said...


I've mentioned boundaries, but it seems to make no difference to him what we think. We don't want our sons to see us as being negative. They see no boundary issues concerning him.

This feels just a bit creepy to us, and he's not taking our cues at all. Help!

Parents in a Quandary!

Dear Parents: If you are creeped out and trying to protect your sons from inappropriate contact, then you shouldn't worry about seeming "negative."

I can certainly understand an older individual having young friends. But the red flag is that this neighbor has asked your sons to keep secrets from you. No responsible and respectful adult would ask young people to lie to or deceive others.

You should be completely frank and honest with [url=http://www.agoshow.net/2010-MLB-All-Star-25/]2010 MLB All Star[/url] your sons. In the age of Jerry Sandusky and countless other stories of trusted adults "grooming" and then victimizing young people, if you [url=http://www.agoshow.net/Cardinals-5-Albert-Pujols-Road-Cool-Base-Grey-2010-All-Star-Jerseys-87/]Cardinals 5 Albert Pujols Road Cool Base Grey 2010 All Star Jerseys[/url] "err" it should be on the side of transparency and honesty.

You should also tell this neighbor plainly and clearly that you do not feel comfortable with his overt focus on your sons. Beyond that, if you have further (and concrete) reason to suspect anything creepy is going on, you should notify the police.

Dear Amy: I'm a single woman in my 20s. Six months ago a new employee was hired at my office. I was instantly attracted to him but he was married and so I never acted on my feelings. His wife is a wonderful person and we have socialized together.

Recently he confided that he has been completely preoccupied with me for months. He finds reasons to visit me at work, overanalyzes my text messages (or lack thereof), and says he loves me like he has never loved anyone before (including his wife). He says he regrets marrying his wife because now he is experiencing true love for the first time.

I love him, too, but have told [url=http://www.agoshow.net/Phillies-34-Roy-Halladay-blue-2010-All-Star-Jerseys-64/]Phillies 34 Roy Halladay blue 2010 All Star Jerseys[/url] him nothing can happen between us while he's married. We have had long, intimate conversations but have never been physically intimate.

He has confided that his marriage is ending. I refuse to allow anything to start before then, but I still can't help but feel like a home wrecker. I so desperately want to be with him but I can only imagine the judgment from co-workers and friends if we end up together. Can I follow my heart or should [url=http://www.agoshow.net/Mets-7-Jose-Reyes-blue-2010-All-Star-Jerseys-41/]Mets 7 Jose Reyes blue 2010 All Star Jerseys[/url] I cut ties with him entirely?

Conflicted

Dear Conflicted: Assuming that you are accurately reporting the details of this relationship, I'd say he not you is the home wrecker.

It would be best if you could take a step back way back to consider this objectively before taking the relationship further. People leaving their marriages always say they never should have married in the first place. And maybe that's true. But you should be very careful and skeptical. Consider every angle, including the professional issues, and then choose to do what's right for you.

Dear Amy: I think you were too hard on "Hurt Wife," who was locked in a silent standoff with her husband. He sounds like a rat, [url=http://www.agoshow.net/2009-World-Baseball-Classic-18-Soto-white-jersey-23/]2009 World Baseball Classic 18 Soto white jersey[/url] and you suggested that she had swept issues under the rug. What gives? I think you owe her an apology.

Hurt Reader

Dear Reader: We all have issues swept under the rug. Confronting these personal issues could help "Hurt Wife" to clarify what to do about this marriage other than retreat in angry silence.


[url=http://www.ilemauricepratique.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8599]more[/url]